DEA GIS Data and Map Services User Agreement:
By downloading GIS data from this website, you affirm your acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- You have read, understood, and agreed to the Departments of Environmental Affair’s GIS disclaimer. GIS data is included under this disclaimer.
- This data has been developed using public funds. The data is therefore in the public domain. You agree that you will not sell this data, you will not sell access to the data, nor will you provide for such to be sold.
- You must acknowledge the Department of Environmental Affairs when the data is used. You are requested to cite the Department of Environmental Affairs as the data source when used. The following credit/disclaimer must be provided: “This (map/publication/report) was developed using Department of Environmental Affairs Geographic Information System digital data, but this secondary product has not been verified by DEA.”
- Users shall require any independent contractor, hired to undertake work that will utilize digital data obtained from the Department, to agree not to use, reproduce, or redistribute DEA GIS data for any purpose other than the specified contractual work. All copies of the Department’s GIS data utilized by an independent contractor will be required to be returned to the original user at the close of such contractual work. Users hereby agree to abide by the use and reproduction conditions specified above and agree to hold any independent contractor to the same terms. By using data provided herein, the user acknowledges that terms and conditions have been read and that the user is bound by these criteria.
- You may use the data freely for educational and non- profit purposes.
The Department of Environmental Affairs acquires, develops, maintains, and uses GIS data in support of its internal business functions and the public services it provides. The GIS data which the department distributes and to which it provides access may not be suitable for other purposes or uses. All GIS data sets are provided “as is” with no warranty. It is the user’s responsibility to understand the accuracy limitations of all digital data layers provided herein, as documented in the accompanying Metadata, Data Dictionary or Readme files. Any reproduction or manipulation of the above data must ensure that the coordinate reference system remains intact. It is your responsibility to verify any information derived from the GIS data before making any decisions or taking any actions based on the information. Use of all GIS data and map services provided by the department are covered by this disclaimer.